MEET THE ARTIST. . .



Painting and drawing have been passions of mine since childhood and I have taken art classes throughout my life. I have always painted with oils and find them the most flexible and comfortable medium to use.

Only since 2000, however, have I dedicated myself to painting; not just as a hobby, but with a serious eye toward developing a signature style and "finding myself as an artist." Since then, I have attended workshops with artists whose work I admire and have found them invaluable in guiding me toward what is inside me.

I have painted almost exclusively with the palette knife since 2004 in an effort to loosen up my approach but I still sometimes have the urge to return to the brush and often use both in my paintings. My focus, until recently, has been in still life and florals but landscapes are a new found love. The longer I paint, the more I realize that any subject can be inspirational - the magic and joy are in the execution.